Friday, February 3, 2012

CRISPY PIG'S EARS, CRISPY KALE, PICKLED HOT PEPPERS WITH FRIED EGG

My take on a popular dish at THE PURPLE PIG CHICAGO. I liked it, okay who am i kidding...i love it,  i have to recreate it at home. I don't have their recipe. Totally  based this dish on taste which i like to do...i love to challenge myself. I'm happy to say that this is close enough  that's why i'm sharing.

"Simple yet sophisticated" is the best way to describe this dish. Well, that is if you're a pig lover like me ;)




THE ORIGINAL DISH BY THE PURPLE PIG CHICAGO

PIG'S EAR WITH CRISPY KALE, PICKLED CHERRY PEPPERS AND FRIED EGG



Another ingredient that i now love is fried kale. OMG why!! why!!! didn't i discover fried kale before! We love fried kale so much, it's sort of a staple now...so good! you guys must give it a try if you  haven't already.


Wash, cut and pat dry really well before frying, Believe you me...i learned my lesson. 


Frying will only take few minutes, sprinkle with a pinch of salt as soon as you take them out of the oil.


Pigs ear can be purchased at Asian stores but believe it or not our regular grocery stores are now selling offal. I actually bought these from Meijer.


Wash and boil/cook the pig ears w/ soy sauce, star anise (optional), garlic, salt and pepper until tender. Add water if needed.

Pat dry the cooked pig ears then slice thinly (julienne). Deep fry until brown and crispy. (FAIR WARNING....YOU MUST HAVE THE SPLATTER  SCREEN READY)


Assemble the dish. Arrange the fried kale, then the pickled peppers (i used pickled banana peppers). Top w/ crispy pig's ears .
Drizzle with reduced balsamic vinegar then top with OE eggs.
Yum!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment