Tuesday, June 12, 2012

7-UP Biscuits

One of my Pinterest  "Recipes I Want To Make" . I was intrigued not only by the amount of ingredients needed for these biscuits but also with what ingredients these moist, flaky biscuits called for. I will be making my biscuits this way. I will bake and brown them a bit more and maybe add cheese the next time i make them.




Recipe by PLAIN CHICKEN

 


2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7-up
1/4 cup melted butter

Preheat oven to 450.
Cut sour cream into biscuit mix, add 7-Up. Makes a very soft dough.
Sprinkle additional biscuit mix on board or table and pat dough out. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 9 inch square pan.  Place cut biscuits in pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.













Yes, heart shape biscuits!!! but of course!!!! ;)














These are moist, flaky and tasty!!



Love, love them ;)


9 comments:

  1. i might have to try this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Cy. I'm not gonna' lie, i was a bit iffy w/ this recipe but like i said i was intrigued and curious so i had to make it. These are surprisingly good. Let me know how yours came out and what you think. I can't wait, a Chef making this version ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great! I love the heart shapes! So glad you liked them

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hink I've seen these around Pinterest too and my do they look delish!! Haven't had biscuits in a long time and these are calling to me! Does the 7-up give it sort of a sweet flavor?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Steph. I like using my cutters. This recipe is a keeper..thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. V, not at all, i think the 7 -up gave the biscuits the height and the flakiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! Kinda glad it doesn't make them sweet. I will have to try it.

      Delete
    2. V, i've made this again. Wonder how yours went and what you think about this recipe.

      Delete
  7. Still haven't made them! I never buy Bisquick and keep forgetting to. I also saw some cream cheese biscuits I want to try.

    ReplyDelete