Thursday, February 28, 2013

NO SEW DISNEY PRINCESS FLEECE BLANKET

This is so neat and by saying neat i mean "cool" idea and neat/clean border. I have made no sew blanket before using the "tie a knot" method which is good but this "looping" method is way better. Thanks to Barb of A Chelsea Morning for the tutorial. Check her blog HERE for the tutorials.

I chose the Disney Princess pattern to match the Disney Princess Headbands i made for my great-niece. Check out my blog HERE .
 
Materials needed:

2 - 2 yards of no fray fleece fabric-  one patterned fleece and another one solid color to match your patterned fabric **
Ruler
Scissors for fabric ( must be sharp)
 
** You'll probably need 1 5/8 yards for a kid but I want extra fabric as allowance should you make a mistake.
*** I made this while watching a TV show...... yes it is that easy.
 
 
 

 
I made this for my adorable, beautiful great-niece ;)
 
 
  

 
Front of the blanket. Take note on how neat the knots are. 


 
 
 



The back side of the blanket, still look so neat ;)




 
 

 
 
Loop the strands together
 


Then pull the "strands" as neatly and tight as you can to make a uniform, clean border.

 

4 comments: